The Brooker Family

12/08/2011

"Big Girl" Seat

Marlee received a new "big girl" car seat for her birthday from GiGi and Papa and this afternoon we decided to try it out.  We were going out to cut some firewood with Daddy and thought this was the perfect time to ride "big girl" style.  I have to admit, it took me a bit to figure out how to secure the seat in the truck but finally I did!  Marlee was so proud to sit her new seat for the first minute, but...then she was not too sure about it.  She could see Bear and I now that she was facing forward and wanted us.  She didn't want to be strapped down...she wanted to be up front with us.  Poor baby :(  We sang songs and made the ride fun and soon arrived at the pasture where Bear could roll the window down and then she was happy.  She loved looking out the window at the cows, trees, and feeling the cool breeze on her face!  We gathered firewood for our first fire in the fireplace tonight and headed back home.  She likes riding in her seat when she is close to things she can see, but just going down the boring road...she is not too fond of her new seat.  I know it will just take time to get used to her new seat but in the meantime we are still using her infant car seat most of the time since she still only weighs 19.5 pounds and fits in it still!  I love this picture of her in "big girl" seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment