The Brooker Family

6/15/2012

First Swimming Lesson

Marlee started swimming lessons today with Mrs. Pat!  We have been talking about it to her and she was so excited about getting to swim in the big pool at Mrs. Pat's.  When we arrived, Mar was ready to jump in...I got in with her so that I could learn some techniques from Mrs. Pat too.  Mrs. Pat is wonderful!!!  I would definitely recommend her and we are so happy to have the opportunity for her to teach our sweet girl to swim.  Marlee did cry a bit during her first lesson but I expected that.  I'm sure it's all a bit overwhelming in her mind that we are forcing her to do things and taking her underwater without a choice.  The way she loves water though, I hope that by our next couple of lessons that we have kissed those tears bye bye and are smiling and giggling in the big pool.  Pat was so good about taking her mind off of crying and encouraging her.  Stay tuned for more swimming lesson updates!!!
Headed to swim lessons and so excited!!!
Marlee waiting for her lesson to begin
Monkey walks on the wall
 Kicking her feet
Floating
 Crying through her lesson :(

No comments:

Post a Comment