My Big Granny has always been so very special to me and seeing her sick this past week has just broken my heart. My grandma was always so strong, so tough, so independent, always there to listen, to talk, to attend any event, to love, and to make everything better when something was wrong. She went to the hospital yesterday and arrived back home last night and this morning, Karsyn and I went up to be with her while Marlee played at Mammy's. I did not know that this visit would be my last one with her at the time. I will cherish my time with her today as I will all the times I have spent with her for the last 32 years. She and I have been close all my life and I am so glad for that and so happy that Marlee was able to know Big Granny for three years and learn from her and have memories with her and Karsyn was able to meet her. I knew she had gotten sick and I truly believe she held on to meet Karsyn because she was so excited to meet her and wanted to be at the hospital when I was having her. The last day of her life, she held Karsyn and kept saying, "Thank you, thank you so very much"! She was holding her and fell asleep and we took Karsyn from her while she slept and she woke up and said, "Where is the baby?" These were the last words she said...she passed away Christmas morning at 1:30 am and I know at that time, Heaven gained an ANGEL. I wasn't ready for my Big Granny to pass away, I had so much I still wanted to talk to her about, more lunch dates to attend with her, and more time letting her watch my girls play but God had a different plan and was ready for her to be with him. I am so sad here on Earth without her, have cried many tears, but I am thankful that I have many memories with her as well as memories with her and Bear and Marlee and Karsyn, that she did not have to suffer being sick for a long time, and that I do not have to question whether I will see her again because I know I will...I know she is in Heaven smiling down on me and my family and watching over us and I hope to live a full, successful life here on Earth for 87 years like she did.
No comments:
Post a Comment