The Brooker Family

4/13/2012

Edge Cheer Expo

My sweet friend, Laura invited Marlee and I on a GIRLS only date tonight and we were so excited! Laura and I have been friends for years and cheered together in middle school and high school.  The Edge holds an annual fundraising Expo at the fairgrounds and Laura got us tickets to all go watch it together.  We met for dinner first at Ouishi Burger and enjoyed some yummy white sauce with a side of chicken/shrimp and rice...LOL...we both love white sauce!  Our next stop was at the Cheer Expo.  Marlee loves to watch me do cheers for her and play with her pom poms and enjoyed Upward Cheerleading so I knew she would enjoy it.  Once the event started she was glued to watching the girls perform.  I can't wait until she can be an Edge girl at 4 years old!  During intermission, I let her run around and thought she would love playing on the mats.  She liked the mats but she LOVED the balloons that they had and wanted to play with them the whole time!  They were tied to a weight and sitting on the ground so she would run and grab the weight and take off with the balloons!  Fun times chasing my sweet girl! Marlee even got a souvenir from the event...an M & M filled pom pom!!!  :)  I let her pick what color pom pom she wanted and she chose the green and white one.  We truly enjoyed watching the EDGE girls, especially the sweet girls that we knew.  After leaving the expo, we decided a quick shopping trip to Marshalls sounded perfect.  We were so happy they didn't close until 9:30 p.m.  We had a fabulous night together and can't wait until our next GIRLS night!!!
 Dinner :)
 Getting ready to run...
 She loves balloons!

No comments:

Post a Comment