The Brooker Family

7/15/2015

Nature Journals

This morning the girls and I started a new outdoor activity!  I made the girls both journals that we refer to as their "nature journals".  We went outside with their journals in hand and some crayons too!  We went for a walk and observed nature and when they saw something really cool, we stopped and they drew about it and then I wrote what Marlee told me about her observation.  The girls really loved this activity!  Today they wrote about the beautiful pink and orange flowers in Mr. Norb's yard (they observed that the bush had thorns on it and green leaves too) and then they also drew about the type of day it was.  I look forward to doing this activity a couple of times a week at different times throughout the day.  The girls and I love being outside and I can't wait to look back a month from now and see what all we have observed in nature and how there artwork progresses!  

when the girls found what they wanted to write about we just stopped on the side of the road and eased off in the grass some and got to drawing! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment